Saturday, June 30, 2007

An Appointment with The Perpetrator of My Abuse


The image at the right is an odd "crack" in a piece of limestone. The crack is called a stylolite. It occurs as pressure from opposite directions press the two rock layers together. The pressure actually causes the rocks to dissolve at the contact point and the stylolite forms and a new boundary is formed. I think you will see how the picture fits my last few days as you read on.
Bob's son-in-law, Michael, contacted my pastor, Tom, on Wednesday of this week and asked if we could sit down and talk this coming Tuesday, July 3rd. Tom emailed me and we talked and it is a go for Tuesday.

I emailed many who support me and asked for their input and prayers and I scheduled an appointment with my therapist for Monday. I talked briefly to both Cheryl and Dan (old shrink and marriage counselor) who were very supportive.
David Clohessy called me yesterday morning and woke me up after a night of staying up with Bonnie, but it was time to get up. His view is always in stopping further abuse. He encouraged me to ask questions as to what Bob is now doing in his spare time. Is he continuing to play tennis with women other than his wife? Is he doing anything to work with teenagers?

I thought his idea a good one and will try to incorporate it into the agenda. I would like to talk to Michael about him monitoring his father-in-law as well. Bob remains a predator at heart if not in action. From my phone conversations with him, little has changed.

When I asked my hubby for input he was all about explaining to Bob what a snake he was...... which has its place.

My point is that everyone thinks their input is the way to go and I have to sift through it to take the pieces I need and leave the others. It is good emotional exercise to shuffle through others feelings to prepare for this but that always hits my "acceptance issues" thus it has been a hard 3 days.

Di

No comments: